While Shure’s SM7B is a first-call mic for many sources, it’s a total rockstar dialog microphone. You’ll find this dynamic beauty dangling from broadcast booms in voiceover, ADR, radio, and podcast studios around the world. There are two settings that let you tailor the SM7B to a wide range of voices and applications. Whether you want to bring out the resonance of a deep baritone, tame the brittleness of a high soprano, capture a whisper, or record a gunshot, the Shure SM7B is a must-have part of your rig.
Truly dynamic dynamic microphone
Investing in a microphone can be a bit intimidating, because you never know how well it will perform. With its dual tone controls, the SM7B is exceptionally versatile. This dual-band switchable passive EQ offers low cut and presence boost controls. Flat or with the low cut, the SM7B is an amazing mic for male dialog and vocals, but a switch of the presence boost makes it an excellent choice for bright sound sources and sibilant vocalists. It can also take up to 180dB, which makes the SM7B a top choice for pounding bass drum and full-tilt guitar and bass cabs.
Superior design for superior results
The SM7B’s been around forever, right? So its components are probably simple. Wrong! This mic’s design has more than spanned the test of time. For starters, there’s an internal suspension and shockmounting system, which eliminates light vibration. Advanced electromagnetic shielding keeps out hum. Top it off with Music Shop Nepal-favorite features such as an integrated swivel mount and a beefy close talk windscreen, this funky-looking mic has a whole lot to offer. And since it features a cardioid polar pattern, off-axis sound is never an issue for your Shure SM7B.
Shure SM7B Dynamic Cardioid Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Quintessential dialog microphone with a flat, wide-range frequency response
- Bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls accommodate a wide range of voices
- Shielded against electromagnetic hum and broadband interference
- Internal air suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds
- Ships with A7WS detachable close talk windscreen
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting
- Classic cardioid polar pattern provides excellent off-axis rejection
- Rugged construction for a lifetime of regular wear and tear