Performing artists and DJs in search of the ultimate 2-channel Serato controller should look no further than the Pioneer DDJ-REV7, the latest flagship 2-channel controller for Serato DJ Pro with large vinyl-style, motorized jog wheels, on-screen jog display, updated effects, and advanced features.
The DDJ-REV7 emulates a professional DJM-S mixer and PLX turntable setup. The tempo sliders are positioned horizontally across the top of the deck, which further mirrors PLX turntables in battle position, while the Performance Pads and Lever FX paddles sit in the mixer section to parallel the DJM-S Series mixer design. The 7″ motorized jog wheels include two interchangeable slip sheets, which offer a choice of torque and friction, while the acrylic top plate is designed to feel like a real analog record. At the center of each jog wheel, you have a 3.5″ customizable color LCD.
The ergonomic design features 8 multicolor and velocity sensitive performance pads on each deck with four modes of operation including hot cue, roll, saved loop, and sampler, as well as pitch play, slicer loop, saved flip, and scratch bank. You can load samples and tracks into Serato DJ and play with the onboard pads. Instant Scratch buttons, complete with four original samples, are a built-in controller feature, making them accessible to artists without needing a laptop. Artists looking to drop their own samples, even full tracks, can do so by loading samples into the Serato DJ Pro Scratch Bank and tapping the Performance Pads.
The center panel of the DDJ-REV7 is a 2-channel mixer with a built-in soundcard and features two USB Type-B connectors, allowing for dual laptop connections for seamless changeover during back-to-back performances. The mixer can connect mics, turntables, CD players, and other external audio sources. Each channel features a trim pot, 3-band EQ, Sound Color FX, and a level fader. The Pioneer DDJ-REV7 ships with a full version of Serato DJ Pro, an AC power adapter, and a USB cable.
Motorized, Vinylized Jog: Recordlike Feel
On Jog Display: Keep an Eye on Essential Information
- Waveform Mode: View the overall waveform of the track on that deck, plus detailed waveforms of the tracks on both decks side by side to make quick and intuitive adjustments. BPM, playback speed, remaining or elapsed time, digital marker for the playback point (which can be turned off), and the number of beats in a loop are also available to view.
- Virtual Deck Mode: View the virtual deck of Serato DJ Pro and the number of beats to the next Hot Cue point.
- Artwork Display: Display the artwork for the playing track.
- DJ Logo Display: Use the Image Transfer Tool for PC/Mac to display a logo or favorite image on each deck.
Instant Scratch: Rapidly Fire Samples with Dedicated Buttons
Advanced Audio Design: Enjoy High-Quality Audio
Magvel Fader Pro: Scratch Freely
22 Built-In Beat FX Including Three New Additions: Dynamically Change the Sound of Tracks
- Duck Down: A roll effect fading out while lowering the pitch.
- Fill Out: A roll effect forming with a changing rhythm pattern and fading out with echo.
- Helix Out: An effect sampling the input sound and repeatedly fades it out like a reverb, while increasing the playback speed and pitch.
DJs can pull and hold the effect levers down to apply Serato DJ Pro effects in short bursts or push them up to lock effects. Artists can also instantly trigger effects saved in four FX Banks and edit them via the Setting Utility on a PC/Mac. While using an effect, artists can trigger up to six more from Serato DJ Pro. The DDJ-REV7 also has five popular Sound Color FX for artist experimentation.
Plug and Play Compatibility with Serato DJ Pro: Enjoy Free Use of the Software
Portable, Sophisticated Design: Take Your Performances Anywhere
- Silent Cue: Switch on Silent Cue and avoid the sound of the music speeding up as the platter spins. Artists simply select a Hot Cue and hit play on the deck, and it will sound the same as hitting a cue point on a DJ player.
- Smooth Echo: Assign the Smooth Echo effect to a selection of controls (e.g. a fader or pad), and the echo will trigger as soon as the relevant assigned control is moved.